Tuesday, June 26, 2007

TV

I've been trying to watch a lot of TV, since it's a good way to learn a language. Plus, as you all know, I just love me some TV. I watch the news every night - right now the big story is how some beef company was secretly putting chicken in their beef products/premade patties etc. for 20 YEARS and they JUST got caught. The news here is very repetitive, it's the same four stories every night. I am ready for something new!! I also try to turn on channel 10 around 10 or 11 o'clock to find out what random English program has been dubbed into Japanese. Sightings thus far:

- Vertical Limit (some crappy movie starring Chris O'Donnell climbing K2)
- Die Hard (Confession, I really like the Die Hard movies and they are even better in Japanese. Rather than being all silky sinister, Alan Rickman's "voice" is just really deep and masculine, more scary than evil. Bruce Willis' voice is dubbed in a higher pitch, but they leave all of Bruce Willis' heavy breathing and grunting in . . . it's just a little strange yet totally awesome! I will have to see Live Free or Die Hard this summer, hopefully in a theater where it is also dubbed into Japanese).
- E.R. (guest starring James Woods. Being an avid reader of US Weekly, I know that James Woods is dating some twenty year old and he is like 60. So that's a little gross - I turned it off. Of course, he swears he loves her for her generous spirit and her mind).
- Monk (which I never watch so I had no idea what was going on. They were talking about police (keisatsu)).

I will keep you posted on future programming. No wacky game shows yet, but I will keep looking.

2 comments:

mugster said...

I will instigate a massive riot if Hermione gets killed off! I can handle killing Harry as long as Hermione survives!

Gabe said...

There's no shame in loving the Die Hard movies (well especially the first one. The third is pretty crappy and the second is good but not great).

You gotta find some Japanese game shows though, or better yet, be a contestant on one.

 
template by suckmylolly.com