Okay, so I lied when I said that quirky things never happen in Independence. Today, after another boring day in the archives, I went to the supermarket to get some chocolate to help me through the weekend (oh how I love you, Lindt intense orange). Anyway, I'm checking out the organic/healthy section (this week Amy's was on sale, yay!) and suddenly horrible music comes on. I though it was just the speakers but when I went to buy my chocolate, I realized that there was an Elvis impersonator. In the store. A very very bad Elvis impersonator. Just him, a guitar, and speaker. With very high hair. And a sparkly green outfit with pants that were too short. We aren't talking a few sparkles, we are talking all over sparkles. I have no idea why he was there, there was no fundraising, no announcement, just a random Elvis impersonator in Hy-Vee at 4:15 on a Friday afternoon. Such is life in Independence, I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment