Friday, July 6, 2007

Fortune Telling in Asakusa: A Story in Pictures

Another popular thing to do in Asakusa is to find out your fortune.

First, you pay only 100 yen to discover your future. Seems like a goo
d deal!!

Next, you pick up this heavy metal cylinder and shake it. It's filled with long numbered stick and you shake it until one comes out of the small hole in the end . . .

Ooh, roku juu san (63). You match your numbered stick to the appropriate drawer . . .


What did I get?!?!?


Oh no!! Bad fortune :(


Good thing I wasn't planning to search for anything, remove myself from a house, or get married today! Damn you 63!! I want my 100 yen back!! (click to enlarge)




5 comments:

Ben said...

That's harsh! What a refreshingly blunt fortune. I mean, I'm not glad you got a bad forecast, but at least it didn't sugar coat it.

Gabe said...

The patient will not be cured!? Damnit! I guess it's back to leeches.

Unknown said...

But what about the thing we really want to know regarding your fortune – will you make it to fulfill you boyfriend’s dream of having a 32-centimeter long shrimp? Maybe you should go back there and check that out.

Jennie said...

The fortune was not specific the shrimp related future of me or my loved ones. Given its general tone, however, I would say no to the 32 centimeter shrimp.

Unknown said...

Hey! We're here to read about Jennie's adventures in Japan - not her boyfriend's shrimp or how long it is! ;)

 
template by suckmylolly.com