As many of you guessed from my Asakusa post, I have fallen in love with red bean paste. I'm sure I had it before in the US, but I've eaten it far more regularly here and it's just so yummy. Plus, the US doesn't have the crowning glory of the red bean experience: the azuki bean frappuccino cream.
You can't see from the picture, but this is actually the "short" size, which we don't really have at home (or at least Starbucks doesn't like to tell us about it). Score one for Japanese portion control!! Anyway, azuki bean frappuccino, sweet and delicious. Combined with all the treats at Asakusa, I have been inspired to write the following ode to the red bean:
Oh red bean paste
I love your taste
In mochi or cakes
Even Starbucks’ milkshakes
On this little bean
I am so keen
Come home with me
And fulfill your yummy destiny!!
5 comments:
I thought of you as I ate noodles in little tokyo. There was plastic food in the window, but the mochi shop was closed.
I think I envy these beans - how come you never write me any poems? And you've known me for longer than this frappuccino! Though the red bean frappuccino is indeed nicer and always behaves in public, I have to give it that.
i like your poem- although it's still not as good as our song about the terminator.. duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh- terminator!
Where is my update on your budding relationship with red bean paste???
Post a Comment