So thus far, according to the comments, I have acquired a readership of two. Go Bens! I thought I would give them a shout-out, another term that, like "blog," is from about three years ago. Apparently I am living in 2004, which would explain why my summer wardrobe sucks so much. Yokohama, or The Hama as Rosenberg-san and I named it today, is going to be hot, so I need summer clothes! But I did buy a cute new shirt today, to be worn during Summer in Japan!!! I think that I shall officially retire the exclamation marks, they seem a bit much.
So, updates on Summer in Japan (no extraneous punctuation). Mircale of miracles, my room will have a hotplate, according to Mr. Daisuke Fukuda of Weekly Mansion Tokyo. Score!! No compliments on my stellar Japanese this time around, however, I think Fukuda-san and I are now estranged due to my hotplate inquires. There is also the possibility of a knife, a rice cooker, and a cutting board, among other things. Awesome. Also, I made a little venture to the Madison public library this morning (which has some rather interesting people) to pick up Lonely Planet Japan. Both it and rough guide have concurred that being a vegetarian in Japan is hard, so that is my newest worry. And as you people know, worrying about things is a crucial aspect of my everyday life, so it's oddly calming having something new to be concerned about. What do people think? Should I go to eating fish for the summer??
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Yay hotplate!
Posted by Jennie at 1:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm reading- I just didn't have a google account until now. As for the vegetarian thing, my advice would be to try and see how it goes being veg. and then re-evaluate (i'm betting it's not as hard as it's been talked up to be).
I think you are right - I mean, we managed to find vegan food in Prague and Budapest!! I'm going to see how it goes. I have discovered that there is a sizzler with a salad bar, awesome! The problem is that things that would normally be veggie here, are not there, and they use fish stuff all the time! So I am nervous . . .
OOH! I'll be a loyal reader now that I have a spiffy new hard drive (by which I mean one that currently functions).
Considering that I cheat on my normally veg lifestyle for American sushi (Vegetarian Slut!), I would go crazy in Japan. But that's your decision. For me, the occasional fish doesn't bother my stomach like meat would, so hopefully you'll be alright, whether you accidentally partake or just fall off the wagon.
Anyway, I'm entirely jealous! Can't wait to hear more!
Yeah I might go to fish, I know that's what my (vegan) sister did since she went to Korea.
Post a Comment