So, things are progressing quite handily over here. I have a room at Weekly Mansion Tokyo (which is actually in Yokohama), reserved last night. I now have flights to Japan - I will be gone from June 19 to August 12, so I have a week after the program ends to travel. So exciting! Also, surprise surprise Expedia turned out to be the flight booking winner. Here is the reason: I am all about frequent flier miles now. In this year alone, with three trips to Israel and a trip to Japan, I will have earned like 35,000 miles. Normally, I like to go Sky Team Alliance (Northwest) but those flights were expensive. So I went Star Alliance (United) instead. Orbitz only lets you book the frequent flier program of the airline that you are flying with, whereas Expedia lets you book any program you want. Since I am technically flying US Airways (but who wants those miles??) I went Expedia and thus can take the miles on United, which will earn me a free domestic ticket! I know, this is boring, but it's what makes up my life at the moment. So I have flights!! I am going to Japan!! This is real!!! And now all the major planning is done and I am sad :( I supposed I do still have post-language program travel time to plan, woohoo!!!!
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Starting to seem real . . .
Posted by Jennie at 11:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hear you on the frequent flier miles! Go go Skyteam Alliance! As for the bags, I would say go alligator if they didn't totally freak me out. But the bag is cute, and I like the un-centered location of the reptile that shall not be named. Otherwise, I would go larger, not smaller with the bags. Who hasn't needed more room in her tote bag at some point or another.
Enough with this, The People want more hot plate updates!
Well, you'll just have to wait until I get there. . . due to my lack of hot plate experience, I'm sure there will be some wacky "I almost burned down my room with the hot plate!" stories to share. Good times.
this is loren- i already forgot my google username and password. i like the alligator tote! i need to get a new purse b/c my cat went to town on it.
Post a Comment