Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Totebags and sad news

Okay, this initial part of the post may only be of interest to my female readership (Loren, I'm looking at you!). I have decided that summer in Japan requires a new totebag, because the Hama is really really hot and I think I don't want to walk around with a backpack all the time. I found these really cute bags at a store downtown, but I am in a conundrum. Do I need a small or a large bag? The issue is that the small bag has zebras on it and is adorable! The large bag, in the red color, which I like the best, has an alligator. Not as cute, it seems placed a little weird. Now there is the larger bag with zebras but I'm not sure I like the blue as much, because I really like the red/turquoise combo. So, conundrum. How big a bag do I need? I'm thinking a notebook or two, my to-be-purchased on arrival denshi jisho (electronic Japanese dictionary - the size of a small book), and wallet, lipstick etc., but I might also want to stick a lunch in it, in which case the larger one would definitely be better. Opinions? Is the alligator not so bad? Help me!!

Also, in far far sadder news (which I don't mean to demean by talking about totebags first) Udi's parent's dog, Theo, died from stomach problems after surgery today. It's very sad, he was only about a year old and such a cute, sweet, enthusiastic dog. Really everything a dog should be - he enjoyed rolling in smelly stuff and taking dirty Kleenex, as all the best dogs do. He loved everybody and was a wiggler - once he saw you, he couldn't stay still! When I went to Israel in January, I brought him a Lamby which I believe he liked a little too much, as Udi later told me that he woke up to find an eviscerated Lamby's guts all over the front lawn. So Theo definitely had a lust for life (and Udi's dad's old shoes). Theo had sort of adopted Udi's family - last summer, during the war with Lebanon (Udi's parents live only a few km from the border) most people had left the area and some had left pets behind. This little black puppy followed Udi's mom home and they took him in. So this is my little tribute to Theo - I figure he's romping around with Duffy, Jake and Bandy (old Miller family pets) and having a grand old time!


2 comments:

Gabe said...

I would've ripped that lamby up too! The limbs are disproportionately long!

Ben said...

It's probably too late for such things, but buy a tote in Japan. Utilitarian souvenirs are the best.
Also, puppy :(

 
template by suckmylolly.com