Friday, April 18, 2008

Abilene is boring

Well, Abilene. Not very interesting. And seriously, it is like going back in time. I am going to take some pictures of the "downtown" area this weekend and post them. It looks like a 1950s movie set (or, I suppose, the 1950s). However, everyone here is super friendly, the archivists at the library are awesome and I have found tons of stuff. I also managed to receive and install a new hard drive from dell on my computer (some files corrupted on my old one, so dell sent me a new one. I think the corruption is due to vista, not the hard drive, but you never know!). The hotel is working out well and I have explored the vegetarian frozen dinner selection in depth (It was, of course, too much to hope that Country Mart would carry Amy's stuff). I am enjoying having comedy central to watch every night. Right now John Stewart is ripping on last night's debate. And tomorrow night I have big plans to treat myself to a thin crust veggie pizza (from pizza hut, of course) and TLC's What Not to Wear! My life is so awesome. And by that, I mean very very sad. I also have big weekend plans to go find a latte somewhere. This may involve a journey back to Manhattan. Or the excitement of Salina. Who knows!?!? It's Kansas . . . anything could happen! Including a trip to the wax hall of generals, which is conveniently located right next to the Eisenhower library!

So I don't have any exciting pictures to post, unless you want to see some documents. Or me and Eisenhower (Wow, that is a horrible picture)! We are having a good time, we had a little chat about the concept of a Fortress Americana and then we had a beer. You know, I would actually enjoy that. . . .

1 comments:

Gabe said...

You should totally get sloshed with Eisenhower and then hash out a few things about the military-industrial complex. Also chide him for having such a lame campaign slogan, and being such an avid golfer.

 
template by suckmylolly.com