Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm back!

Due to popular request, I have decided to resurrect Summer in Japan! Only now with new, even more exotic locales, such as . . . Abilene, Kansas!! And let's not forget our next stop . . . . Independence, Missouri!! Considering that Abilene doesn't even have a Starbucks (seriously, I did not think those places even existed) I think that Missouri will seem like the big city!

So I am headed on a long research trip to do research at the Eisenhower and Truman Presidential libraries. Meanwhile, Udi is going to Israel and Prague. Clearly, life is very unfair. I'm driving to Abilene (10 hours in the car, totally awesome. I have some books on tape so I am good to go) so hopefully I can take some pictures on the road. Other features to look for from Abilene: A photo tour of the Diamond Motel (1 star, height of style), some thrilling pictures of documents from the depths of the Eisenhower library, and perhaps, if you are very lucky and leave me lots of comments, a tour of the greyhound hall of fame. Also, due to some careful Wikipedia reading, I have discovered that Abilene also has something called the "Hall of Generals," a wax museum of generals from World War II. Sounds pretty awesome. I can't promise anything though. Abilene is a very exciting place and I will be busy doing important things, so I don't know if I will have time to make it to such esteemed cultural destinations. Woohoo, Prairie tour 2008!! That needs a catchier name. Suggestions??

4 comments:

Ben said...

Tornado Alley 2008? But with more wax generals and less random destruction.

Loren said...

i had been thinking you were going to abilene texas! i'm not sure that abilene, tx is any more exciting than abilene, ks though...

Unknown said...

Wow, now those are some exciting destinations! Of course, the most exciting place I go these days is to perform at a retirement home in lovely rural Chatham County and the likes. I too was wondering why Jennie would ever go to Abilene, Texas - not that Abilene KS makes any more sense with the exception of the pres. library. My friend claire says her crazy religious friend is from independence, MO, so there's something to look forward to there - the crazy religious.

Gabe said...

"Big Flat States in the '08"

 
template by suckmylolly.com