Monday, April 21, 2008

Theft in the Archives!

I am planning to catch up on all my posting this afternoon, though I am having trouble getting images to load. So I bring you this slightly boring, no photos post, hopefully with other photo-y posts to come later. Then I have to plan out my week at the archives. I am also thinking about getting a blizzard! Yum!

So there is this old dude working in the archives on some project about why Eisenhower got the Republican nomination in 1952. He doesn't use a laptop or anything and just takes notes on notecards. Anyway, he brings 8 billion things into the research room with him - notecards, piles of papers, highlighters etc. He was making all these copies and the reference room archivist kept having to go over to him because he kept placing his copies on the original documents and then writing on the copies - big no no, you have to keep copies and originals separate. Anyway, the archivist totally had her eye on him and at the end of the day, before he left, she was going through his papers (this is standard that they go through everything before you leave the room) and he had an original between all his copies! Attempted theft in the archives!! (I don't think it was intentional, then again, he didn't seem to think there was anything too wrong with the fact that he had an original in all his copies). So that was the excitement for Friday! Theft in the archives!!!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com